Saturday, October 17, 2009

34w2d

For a week I have been feeling quite awful. Very, very tired. I know it's normal for the third tri, but it hit at once. I had already started taking the iron pills, but noticed that my heart was palpitating extra, I would get up or move a little and my heart would beat all hard. I was like damn, I know I'm out of shape but am I that out of shape? I couldn't breathe as well. I had an appt. thursday but by wednesday I was worried so I called the advice line to ask if I could get my thyroid checked at my next appt. They called back and said it's my iron and my blood cell count is very low, and they will do a test at the next appt.

So I go and I tell the doctor (not the one who told me my iron was low) my symptoms, and she says it's all normal for where I'm at at pregnancy. It really pissed me off, I mean, how do you not even ask how many palpitations I might be having given my family history? How an you brush it off? So I said, ok well you guys said you'd do a test. She said she didn't really think I needed it, and I just stared at her. So finally she said ok we'll do it.

Low and behold, I feel like fuck the next day, I can barely get out of bed, I am just so exhausted. I called into work saying I was having cramps (which I was) and I wanted to rest a but but I'd still go in. When I slowly start to get ready, my OB calls me and says my iron is very low and I need to rest. THANKS BITCH I TOLD YOU SO. They want to retest me Monday. It's still going to be low and I wonder what they'll do. It's saturday morning and I just have no energy to do shit, and I'm getting depressed cuz I feel like I have so much I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment